[wsme][dev] WSME needs cores

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Mar 12 10:40:06 UTC 2019

Most of the people listed as cores for WSME [1] are either not very
active in the community any more or not actively interested in
maintaining WSME. I'm in the latter group and wish to stop paying
attention to it (because I don't use it and neither do the projects
that I work on). To do that, though, it would be good to be able to
assign a few more cores who are from projects that _do_ use it so
that there's a reasonable bench of people to attend to things that
will need to be done to keep it happy.

The following is an incomplete list of projects that import WSME.

aodh
blazar
cloudkitty
cyborg
glance
ironic
magnum
mistral
mogan
octavia
qinling
watcher

(I considered putting all these in the subject header that would
have been incredibly tedious and noisy.)

Octavia has representation on WSME-core, but beyond that, it's not
clear. If you are a part of one of these projects and interested,
please let me know and we'll make something happen.

Apart from security and bug maintenance, WSME is a bit out of date
with regard to testing plans. It does already support Python3, but
it currently only tests with Python 3.5.

Let me know. Whatever the outcome of these discussions, I'll be
removing myself from WSME core and taking "check in on WSME" from my
recurring todo list by next Tuesday.

Thanks for your attention.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/202,members