[ptl][cinder][election] PTL Candidacy ...

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:41:47 UTC 2019

All,

This letter is to indicate my interest in continuing to serve as
the Cinder PTL for the Train release. This would be my fourth
release as PTL and am happy to continue leading the Cinder project.

Over the last three releases, for which I have been PTL, I have seen
Cinder transition from focussing on merging new functionality to
focussing on fixing bugs and improving Cinder's stability.  This is
a natural progression for a project of this type and, I feel, requires
the team to take a new approach to how we go forward.

During the Train release I think that the team should continue to
look at the bugs filed against Cinder and work to address them.
We started reducing the number of bugs during Stein and I hope that
we can continue that momentum in Train.  I also feel that we need
to be better about monitoring 3rd Party CI runs and ensure that they
are testing what they should be testing.  With the move to Python3
ensuring it is being tested and that each driver works with Python3
is going to be essential.

Other goals I have during Train include:

* Continuing to address how cinderlib fits with Cinder
* Continuing to reach out to our users seeking their input for improvement
* Continued improvement of core reviewer participation
* Increasing the breadth of testing against Cinder

I look forward to the continued opportunity to lead the Cinder
project.

Sincerely,
Jay Bryant (jungleboyj)