[tc] weekly update

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Mon Mar 11 16:18:21 UTC 2019

Hi everyone:

Just wanted to keep everyone up to date on what's going on in the TC
over the past week briefly, this is meant to be a quick digested
update that can (and should!) spark up some conversation, so please
feel free to ask questions or bring in ideas

# Python 3
The TC met and discussed last week about finalizing everything
regarding Python 3.  This happened over an ad-hoc meeting which you
can follow the minutes here alongside the action items that came out
of it
- http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc_python3/2019/tc_python3.2019-03-07-21.00.html

# Cycle goals
There has also been work done from Lance and Jean-Philippe regarding
the cycle goals, input from projects would be really useful, please
have a look at them here:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/639376/ Add Move legacy client CLIs
to OSC goal to Train
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/639010/ Add Project Deletion goal for Train

# Business value of help most needed
Lance has put in a lot of work and effort in terms of moving our help
most needed document to something that explains business value,
reviews are up:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641790/ Elaborate on the business
value of Designate
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641773/ Elaborate on the business
value of goal champions
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641750/ Elaborate on the business
value of documentation owners
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641890/ Elaborate on the business
value of infra admins
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641784/ Elaborate on the business
value of Glance

# Goal closure updates
Matt has pushed up a change discussing what to be done "at the end of
a goal" which is currently up for discussion:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641507/ Document goal closure

# Other
Thanks to Doug once again for serving as chair for the past few
cycles.  The PTG is coming up and we're excited to see all the
community again to build Train, without the train background noise :)

Thanks,
Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost