[ptl][requirements][election] Matthew Thode PTL candidacy

Matthew Thode mthode at mthode.org
Sat Mar 9 15:26:53 UTC 2019

I would like to announce my candidacy for PTL of the Requirements project for
the Train cycle.

The following will be my goals for the cycle, in order of importance:

1. The primary goal is to keep a tight rein on global-requirements and
upper-constraints updates.  (Keep things working well)

2. Un-cap requirements where possible (stuff like cmd2 and grpcio).

3. Publish constraints and requirements to streamline the freeze process.
   This is in progress, but did not make it for Stein.

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/1719006 is the story tracking the
publish job.

4. Audit global-requirements and upper-constraints for redundancies.  One of
the rules we have for new entrants to global-requirements and/or
upper-constraints is that they be non-redundant.  Keeping that rule in mind,
audit the list of requirements for possible redundancies and if possible,
reduce the number of requirements we manage.

I look forward to continue working with you in this cycle, as your PTL or not.

Thanks for your time,
Matthew Thode
IRC: prometheanfire