[nova] Change of interface in nova.virt.driver.ComputeDriver

Jose Castro Leon jose.castro.leon at cern.ch
Thu Mar 7 09:02:43 UTC 2019

Dear all,

In the context of the addition of online resizing of libvirt network volumes (RBD), we have added a new parameter in the extend_volume function.
Although we have adapted all the drivers in nova codebase to support this new parameter, out of tree drivers could be affected by this change.

This is the interface with the new parameter "requested_size"

    def extend_volume(self, connection_info, instance, requested_size):
        """Extend the disk attached to the instance.
        :param dict connection_info:
            The connection for the extended volume.
        :param nova.objects.instance.Instance instance:
            The instance whose volume gets extended.
        :param int requested_size
            The requested new size of the volume in bytes
        :return: None
        """

Here is the link with the change: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/613039/

Cheers,