[nova][qa] Should we make legacy-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration voting?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:43:59 UTC 2019

On 2/28/2019 9:23 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> Now that it's working again, should we make it voting? It came up while
> discussing regression test coverage for Artom's NUMA live migration series.
>
> It seems like a no-brainer to me at least that we should be gating on this.
>
> Before doing that, I'd like to move the job config from
> openstack-zuul-jobs to nova so we "own" any changes to the job

Just an update on this. The series of changes are here [1].

The immediate changes to care about are making the job voting on master
[2] (already approved) which depends on moving it in-tree [3] (needs
approval).

The stable/rocky change [4] should also be good to go now.

After that it gets a bit messy with stable/queens because of trying to
fix bug 1813216 there which is extra complicated because that involves
configuring nova-compute and in stable/queens grenade, we have one
compute (from pike) using nova.conf and one compute from queens using
nova-cpu.conf, and our grenade live migration ceph setup script isn't
handling that wackiness today.

I have ideas on fixing the stable/queens stuff but it's going to have to
wait until after stein feature freeze when things settle down. But it'd
be good to get the master change in before we cut stable/stein so I
don't have to do another backport.

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:nova-grenade-live-migration
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/640182/