[tc] Train Technical Committee kickoff

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Mar 6 14:37:48 UTC 2019

Now that the most recent TC election results are in [1], it is time to
start organizing the committee for the Train cycle [2].

First, thank you to all of our election officials for helping us to run
a smooth and transparent election process, yet again. I have been
involved with other communities where elections were fraught and tense
operations. You all make it look easy.

I would also like to thank our outgoing members, Chris Dent (cdnet),
Davanum Srinivas (dims), and Sean McGinnis (smcginnis) for their service
as they rotate off of the committee. Each of them has worked on the TC
for several years, and in community leadership roles before then. They
are excellent examples of open source leaders.

And of course, welcome to our new members: Alexandra Settle (asettle),
Jim Rollenhagen (jroll), and Rico Lin (ricolin). We're excited to have
you join the team!

The next step for us is to approve the patch prepared by the election
officials to update the TC roster. Please take a few minutes to vote on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641171/ now.

After the TC is seated, we need to select a chair. As I announced at our
February meeting, based on some other commitments that I have I think it
is best if I not serve as chair this term. If you are interested in
being chair, please propose a patch on top of the election patch to add
the '{chair}' designation next to your name.

As a TC member, we have two primary ways of communicating. Please take a
moment to ensure that your email filters are configured to ensure you
see any messages on the mailing list with the '[tc]' topic tag. Please
also join the '#openstack-tc' channel on IRC, and set a notification for
the string 'tc-members'.

Thank you, and I look forward to continuing to work with all of you this
cycle.
--
Doug

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003503.html