[TripleO] boot from SAN via FCoE

Tomáš Bredár tomas.bredar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 11:23:58 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm struggling with an issue, hopefully someone from this list could help
me.

Problem:
I'm deploying OpenStack Queens with TripleO and would like to deploy my
overcloud nodes to disks on my SAN environment. I use virtual-connect
flexfabric interfaces and this provides FCoE connection to my nodes.
In order to see the LUNs from the SAN in Centos I need to install
fcoe-utils package and configure the corresponding eth interfaces.
For this I need to build the overcloud-full image and the
ironic-python-agent image to support this and to be able see the disk
drives during introspection.
I was looking for an image element for fcoe boot in [1], but there's none.
I tried to make my custom one, but with no luck yet.
I can't figure out how to make my SAN driver visible via FCoE during
introspection.

Is there anyone who had a similar issue and solved it?

Thanks

Tomas

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/diskimage-builder/tree/master/diskimage_builder/elements