[docs] Implementation of the api-ref consolidation under doc/source/

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Mon Mar 4 18:27:46 UTC 2019

On 04/03/2019 16:48, Alexandra Settle wrote:

> On 04/03/2019 14:29, Graham Hayes wrote:
>> On 04/03/2019 14:13, Alexandra Settle wrote:
>>> This conversation went a little stale, much like the first time we
>>> attempted to chat about this.
>>>
>>> Starting from the top: Is this something we need to consider for the
>>> next release? It sounds like we have a lot of different thoughts, and it
>>> might be worth scrapping from the previous releases' goals.
>> Personally, I don't think moving api-ref is worth the effort.
> Seems to be the general consensus.
>>
>> There is a lot of tools that assume the location[1][2], and building it
>> as one tree would require a lot of work.
>>
>> We should differentiate between python API documentation (should be
>> in doc/source) and HTTP API documentation (in api-ref/)
>
> How many repos would we need to do this for?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex

I think (looking at the list of projects that have content in the
api-ref folder) [1] all of the projects I checked seem to be OK. The
only oddities are the stx-* repos, and that is outside of our scope.

(As a side note, we really do need to update the dropdown on the api-ref
sub-theme.)

1 :
➜  ~ http GET http://codesearch.openstack.org/api/v1/search
files=="^api-ref/source/index.rst" q==".*" repos=='*' | jq '.Results | keys'
[
  "adjutant",
  "barbican",
  "blazar",