[horizon][plugins][vitrage][heat][ironic][manila] Integration tests on gates

Tom Barron tbarron at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 15:15:08 UTC 2019

On 04/02/19 22:28 +0200, Ivan Kolodyazhny wrote:
>Hi team,
>
>A few weeks ago we enabled horizon-integration-tests job[1]. It's a set of
>selenium-based test cases to verify that Horizon works as expected from the
>user's perspective.
>Like any new job, it's added in a non-voting mode for now.
>
>During the PTG, I'd got several conversations with project teams that it
>would be good to have
>such tests in each plugin to verify that plugin works correctly with
>a current Horizon version.
>We've got about 30 plugins in the Plugin Registry [2].
>Honestly, without any kind of testing in most of the plugins, we can't be
>sure that they work well with a current version of Horizon.
>
>That's why we decided to implement some kind of smoke tests
>for plugins based on Horizon integration tests framework. These tests
>should verify that
>a plugin is installed and pages could be opened in a browser. We will run
>these tests on
>the experimental queue and/or on some schedule on Horizon gates to verify
>that plugins
>are maintained and working properly.
>
>My idea is to have such a list of 'tested' plugins, so we can add
>'Maintained' label to the Plugin Registry. Once these jobs become voting,
>we can add a label 'Verified'.
>I think such a schedule looks reasonable:
>
>* Stein-Train release cycles - add non-voting jobs for each maintained
>plugin and introduce "Maintained" label
>* Train-U release cycles - makes stable jobs voting and introduce
>"Verified" label in the Horizon Plugin registry
>

>I do understand that some teams don't have enough resources to maintain
>integration tests,
>so I'm stepping as a volunteer to introduce such tests and jobs for the
>project.
>I already published patches for Vitrage and Heat [3] plugins and will do
>the same
>for Ironic and Manila dashboards in a short time.
>
>Any help or feedback is welcome:).
>
>[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580469/
>[2] https://docs.openstack.org/horizon/latest/install/plugin-registry.html
>[3]
>https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:horizon-integration-tests+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
>
>Regards,
>Ivan Kolodyazhny,
>http://blog.e0ne.info/

Ivan,

Just wanted to say thinks for this work.  The integration test for
manila revealed and issue with tls-proxy and manila's devstack plugin.
Goutham Pacha Ravi fixed that problem and then set up the
horizon-manila integration tests to run with it enabled. [4]

-- Tom Barron

[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/638338/