[sahara][heat][qa][murano] Heat integration tests run by Grenade

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 18:13:08 UTC 2019

On Friday, 1 March 2019 17:31:17 CET Zane Bitter wrote:
> On 1/03/19 10:33 AM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Heat is a requirement for Sahara, which means that the Heat plugin for
> > DevStack and Grenade are enabled in the is enabled in the Sahara DevStack
> > and Grenade jobs respectively.
> >
> > I noticed that the Grenade plugin for Heat unconditionally runs few tests
> > both after the deployment of the base environment and after the upgrade
> > phase. While I understand that the Heat team want to always run them when
> > Heat is tested, I would argue that whenever Heat is deployed as
> > requirement by other projects (for example, Sahara :) it should be
> > possible to disable those tests. This way the execution time of the
> > Grenade job would be shortened by ~20 minutes, from 1h30m to 1h10m.
> >
> > So my question for the Heat team is: can I propose an Heat patch which
> > allows users to disable the Heat integration tests executed by Grenade?
> > The default behavior will be unchanged.
>
> +1 that sounds perfectly sensible to me.
>
> Is there a standard way of doing this that we're not using?

If the question is about disabling the tests, I don't think that there is a
common pattern. I checked few Grenade jobs and I don't see other Grenade
plugins defining and running their own tests as Heat does. Most of the jobs
run Tempest tests after Grenade ends.

In the meantime I've given it a shot, let's see how it works:
https://review.openstack.org/640481

Ciao
--
Luigi