[nova] Updates about Detaching/Attaching root volumes

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 15:32:51 UTC 2019

On 3/1/2019 3:56 AM, Zhenyu Zheng wrote:
> A silly method could be add a new param "cleanup_original_tag" and it
> could only be provided if "is_root"=True and no new tag provided. So when
> cleanup_original_tag=True or the user provided a new tag, we
> cleanup/update the old tag, otherwise we keep it.

I thought about that yesterday when I was talking with Dan about this
and while it's an option I think it's a pretty terrible user experience
so I'd like to avoid that. I think it's probably good enough that you
either keep the tag you had or you can overwrite it. I don't really want
to start adding new parameters for weird edge cases here.

Matt