[nova] Last chance to weigh in on nova adopting the SDK for inter-service comms

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 16:14:48 UTC 2019

John and I are +2 and Eric is +1 (would be +2 if not involved in the
effort) on the nova spec [1] to adopt the openstacksdk for nova
communicating with other services rather than the python-*clients.

There are several motivations within the spec itself and in review
comments for doing this, but since it's a major change to nova across
the board I want to make sure other cores and contributors are aware and
at least not against this before it's approved.

I think a reasonable timeline for waiting to approve is until EOD July 2
(next week) since that's our third and final spec review sprint.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662881/

Matt