[dev][requirements] Upcoming changes to constraints handling in tox.ini

Duc Truong duc.openstack at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 00:11:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>     This is a heads-up to describe 3 sets of changes you'll start seeing
> starting next week.
>
> 1) lower-constraints.txt handling
>    TL;DR: Make sure projects do not specify a constraint file in install_command
> 2) Switch to the new canonical constraints URL on master
>    TR;DR: Make sure you use https://releases.openstack.org/constraints/upper/master
> 3) Switch to the new canonical constraints URL on stable branches
>    TR;DR: Make sure you use https://releases.openstack.org/constraints/upper/$series
>
> These will be generated from a member of the requirements team[1], and
> will be on the gerrit topic constraints-updates.  We'll start next week
> to give y'all a few days to digest this email

I'm seeing a lot of changes for #2 being proposed by people who are
not members of the requirements team (e.g. [1] and [2]).

Is it ok to approve those changes or should we wait for the official
changes from a member of the requirements team?

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/666947/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/666950/