[all] [ptls] [tc] [nova] [neutron] [tripleo] Volunteers that know TeX for PDF community goal

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 23:36:25 UTC 2019

I gave this a quick run on Octavia. I did get it to output a PDF with
our svg included.

I see a few issues right away (beyond the screens and screens of warnings).

How do we want to collect this feedback?  Storyboard stories with a tag?

1. I needed to add the following bindeps:
librsvg2-bin [doc platform:dpkg]
fonts-freefont-otf [doc platform:dpkg]

2. Relative links come through to the PDF but are broken.
3, Oddly, the "configuration" section of our docs didn't render, it's
just a blank section. Even if the generated configuration guide didn't
work, I would have expected the RST policies document to come through.
Even more strange, the configuration guide is linked from another
section, and it rendered there. This must be one of the billion
warnings that output.
4. We should document how to ignore or re-order the docs. We have an
internal API reference that comes through as the first section, but is
of little use to anyone outside the developers. It is also confusing
as the actual Octavia API-REF link doesn't render.
5. The feature matrix tables rendered ok, except the red "X" does not
(unicode 2716).
(https://opendev.org/openstack/sphinx-feature-classification)

Michael