[neutron] [nova] CI issue

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 14:37:18 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-06-24 at 14:32 +0200, Slawomir Kaplonski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On 24 Jun 2019, at 13:22, Sean Mooney <smooney at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2019-06-24 at 10:01 +0200, Slawomir Kaplonski wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It looks for me that it is caused by change in Nova [1]
> > >
> > > I proposed revert of this patch [2] and DNM patch in neutron to check if that will really help: [3]
> > >
> > > [1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/644881/
> > > [2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/667035/
> > > [3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/667036/
> >
> > i am pretty sure i know the reason that this is failing.
> > path 1 does not have special case handeling for same host resize where
> > we do not receive events form neutron at all. that patch was previously tested with only
> > a multinode setup where without that patch we race and normally fail to start waiting for vif-plugged
> > events form neutorn before we recive them cause the revert to fail.
> > we could do a revert but i would prefer to instead add a follow up patch to adress the same host case.
>
> If You can propose proper fix soon, this would be the best solution :)
> If it will take some time for You we should either merge revert for now or send patch to skip those 3 tests in neutron
> jobs to unblock our gates.
> Please tell me which solution I should go with then.
just a quick update.
we have decided to merge the revert. it will take a while for the revert to merge
so please hold of on recheck neutron patches until it has merged.
we will update the list when that happens

once we have updated and tested the patch for the same host resize revert edgecase
we will resubmit it. ill pull in the neturon job with a DNM patch to validate it.
sorry for the breakage.