Openstack cinder HA

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Fri Jun 21 09:23:49 UTC 2019

On 20/06, Md. Farhad Hasan Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my environment openstack volume service running on compute node. When the
> openstack-cinder-volume service goes down on, the Block Storage volumes
> which were created using the openstack-cinder-volume service cannot be
> managed until the service comes up again.
>

> I need help how to configure openstack cinder volume HA.
>

> Thanks & B'Rgds,
>
> Rony

Hi Rony,

You can configure Cinder API, Scheduler, and Backup in Active-Active and
Cinder Volume in Active-Passive using Pacemaker.

Please check the "Highly available Block Storage API" documentation [1]
for a detailed guide.

Cheers,
Gorka.

[1]: https://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/storage-ha-block.html