[Security SIG] Weekly Newsletter June 13th & June 20th

Gage Hugo gagehugo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:19:12 UTC 2019

So I wrote the newsletter for last week, but forgot to send out the actual
email, so this week will have double the content!

#Week of: 20 June 2019

   - Security SIG Meeting Info:
   http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Security_SIG_meeting

   - Weekly on Thursday at 1500 UTC in #openstack-meeting

   - Agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/security-agenda

   - https://security.openstack.org/

   - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security-SIG

#Meeting Notes

   - This week we discussed cleaning up the security.openstack.org page

   - Overall there are many outdated sections, we came up with a current
   rough plan that is outlined in the security-agenda notes for this week's
   meeting

   - Retiring Syntribos

   - On the topic of cleaning up the security.openstack.org page, one
   section is security tools, which currently lists bandit and syntribos.

   - Looking at the Syntribos repo, it seems like lately there's only been
   changes related to doc fixes and overall zuul updates, with a couple actual
   updates to the project.

   - If there's anyone still with interest in updating/using Syntribos,
   please reach out to us.

## News

   - [nova] TPM thread:
   http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-June/007258.html

# VMT Reports

   - A full list of publicly marked security issues can be found here:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ossa/

   - No new public security bugs this week

========================================================================================================

#Week of: 13 June 2019

   - Security SIG Meeting Info:
   http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Security_SIG_meeting

   - Weekly on Thursday at 1500 UTC in #openstack-meeting

   - Agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/security-agenda

   - https://security.openstack.org/

   - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security-SIG

#Meeting Notes

   - This week we finalized the details and settings for the
   [openstack-security] mailing list. The list will be used to provide purely
   automated notifications about security-related changes and bug reports
   within OpenStack.  Anyone looking to reach out to the security SIG can
   either use the [openstack-discuss] mailing list or use the
   #openstack-security channel on freenode IRC.

## News

   - Storyboard: The security team autoassignment feature landed

   - If a new story is marked as "security" upon creation, it will
   automatically become private, however it can be edited to become public
   after it is created.