[nova] TPM passthrough

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 18:08:52 UTC 2019

On 6/20/2019 1:05 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> As Resident Complainer I feel compelled to say there should at least be
> a small spec (as I said in IRC). The question in this thread about how
> to keep track of and know which devices are allocated is a good one that
> is going to require some thought.

It's probably also worth thinking about what happens when evacuating a
sever from a host with one of these and/or deleting a server when the
compute service on which it was running is down. Upon restart of the
compute service we'll need to detect the guest is gone and cleanup the
previously allocated devices somehow (I think this has been a problem
for PCI device allocations in the past as well).

Matt