Comparative analysis of openstack and Cloudstack

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Jun 17 08:13:47 UTC 2019

Dhairyasheel Ghadge wrote:
> [...]
> Are there any points of Openstack which completely outshines itself
> from cloudstack?

It's not really our role to compare solutions or tell one is better than
the other. I think one key difference as you noticed is that CloudStack
focuses on key IaaS functionality (VMs as a service, with accompanying
networking and storage), while OpenStack aims at being a more complete
cloud framework, and therefore includes advanced services like object
storage (Swift), Kubernetes clusters provisioning (Magnum), running
containers / functions... As a result OpenStack is a larger project with
more features, but also is arguably more complex.

Hope this helps,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)