[openstack-helm] custom container images for helm

Steve Wilkerson wilkers.steve at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 21:13:49 UTC 2019

Hey Robson,

We’ve recently started building images out of the openstack-helm-images
repository.  Currently, we use LOCI to build ubuntu based images for
releases Ocata through Rocky and leap15 images for the Rocky release.

We’ve recently started work on the multi-distro support spec which also
added overrides and jobs required for the leap15 based images for Rocky.
We’d love to see support added for centos images added to both
openstack-helm-images and the openstack-helm charts themselves (and for
releases beyond Rocky), but we just haven’t gotten there yet.  If you’re
interested in contributing and getting your hands dirty, we’d love to help
provide guidance and help here.

In regards to the Kolla images, it’s been awhile since I’ve used them
myself so I can’t speak much there.

Cheers,
Steve