[edge][ironic][neutron][starlingx] Open Infrastructure Summit and PTG Edge overview and next steps

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 18:43:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

There were a lot of interesting discussions about edge computing at the Open Infrastructure Summit[1] and PTG in Denver. Hereby I would like to use the opportunity to share overviews and some progress and next steps the community has taken since.

You can find a summary of the Forum discussions here: https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/edge-and-5g-not-just-the-future-but-the-present/
Check the following blog post for a recap on the PTG sessions: https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/edge-computing-takeaways-from-the-project-teams-gathering/

The Edge Computing Group is working towards testing the minimal reference architectures for which we are putting together hardware requirements. You can catch up and chime in on the discussion on this mail thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/edge-computing/2019-June/000597.html

For Ironic related conversations since the event check these threads:
* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/edge-computing/2019-May/000582.html
* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/edge-computing/2019-May/000588.html

We are also in progress to write up an RFE for Neutron to improve segment range management for edge use cases: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/edge-computing/2019-May/000589.html

If you have any questions or comments to any of the above topics you can respond to this thread, chime in on the mail above threads, reach out on the edge-computing mailing[2] list or join the weekly edge group calls[3]. If you would like to get involved with StarlingX you can find pointers on the website[4].

Thanks,
Ildikó
(IRC: ildikov on Freenode)

[1] https://www.openstack.org/videos/summits/denver-2019