[requirements] paramiko 2.5.0 causing ImportError: cannot import name py31compat

Pierre Riteau pierre at stackhpc.com
Tue Jun 11 14:12:20 UTC 2019

Hello,

paramiko 2.5.0 was released yesterday [1]. It appears to trigger
failures in the Kayobe molecule job with the following error [2]:

    ImportError: cannot import name py31compat

It's not clear yet why this is happening, since py31compat lives in
setuptools. paramiko 2.5.0 includes changes to paramiko/py3compat.py
which could be related.
For now, we're capping paramiko [3] as it is blocking our gate.

I thought I would share with the list, in case other projects
experience similar errors.

Cheers,
Pierre

[1] https://pypi.org/project/paramiko/#history