[nova][kolla][openstack-ansible][tripleo] Cells v2 upgrades

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Fri Jun 7 17:52:03 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 5:16 AM Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the recent kolla virtual PTG [1] we had a good discussion about
> adding support for multiple nova cells in kolla-ansible. We agreed a
> key requirement is to be able to perform operations on one or more
> cells without affecting the rest for damage limitation. This also
> seems like it would apply to upgrades. We're seeking input on
> ordering. Looking at the nova upgrade guide [2] I might propose
> something like this:
>
> 1. DB syncs
> 2. Upgrade API, super conductor
>
> For each cell:
> 3a. Upgrade cell conductor
> 3b. Upgrade cell computes
>
> 4. SIGHUP all services

Unfortunately, this is a problem right now:

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/641907/

I sat down at the PTG to settle this down, I was going to finish this
patch up but I didn't get around to it.  That might be an action item
to be able to do this successfully.

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost
D. 514-316-8872