[Nova][Ironic] Reset Configurations in Baremetals Post Provisioning

Kumari, Madhuri madhuri.kumari at intel.com
Fri Jun 7 06:53:49 UTC 2019

Hi Jay,

I understand that these traits are used for scheduling while server create in Nova. Whereas these traits means more to Ironic. Ironic runs multiple deploy steps matching the name of traits in flavor[1].

The use case explained in the email is about changing some BIOS configuration post server create. By changing the trait in flavor from CUSTOM_HYPERTHREADING_ON to CUSTOM_HYPERTHREADING_OFF, Ironic should run the matching deploy step to disable hyperthreading in BIOS and do a reboot.
But currently there isn't a way in Nova about telling Ironic about the trait has changed in flavor, so perform the corresponding deploy steps.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/stein/admin/node-deployment.html#matching-deploy-templates

Regards,
Madhuri