[goal][python3] Train unit tests weekly update (goal-14)

Corey Bryant corey.bryant at canonical.com
Thu Jun 6 19:06:37 UTC 2019

This is the goal-14 weekly update for the "Update Python 3 test runtimes
for Train" goal [1].
There are 14 weeks remaining for completion of Train community goals [2].

== What's the Goal? ==

To ensure (in the Train cycle) that all official OpenStack repositories
with Python 3 unit tests are exclusively using the
'openstack-python3-train-jobs' Zuul template or one of its variants (e.g.
'openstack-python3-train-jobs-neutron') to run unit tests, and that tests
are passing.
This will ensure that all official projects are running py36 and py37 unit
tests in Train.

That is the main goal. Other work items will consist of:
* Dropping py35 and old py3 zuul templates (e.g. drop
'openstack-python35-jobs', 'openstack-python36-jobs',
'openstack-python37-jobs', etc)
* Updating setup.cfg classifiers (e.g. drop 'Programming Language :: Python
:: 3.5' and add 'Programming Language :: Python :: 3.7')
* Updating the list of default tox.ini environment (e.g. drop py35 and add
py37)

For complete details please see [1].

== Role of Goal Champion ==

Ensure patches are proposed to all affected repositories, encourage teams
to help land patches, and report weekly status.

== Role of Project Teams ==

Fix failing tests so that the proposed patches can merge. Project teams
should merge the change to the Zuul config before the end of the Train
cycle.

== Ongoing Work ==

I will be the goal champion for this goal. I'm just getting organized at
this point. Over the next week I plan to get scripts working to automate
patch generation for all supported projects and start submitting patches.

Open patches needing reviews:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:python3-train+is:open

== Completed Work ==

Merged patches:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:python3-train+is:merged (Wow, look
at that! Thanks Zhong Shengping.)

== How can you help? ==

Please take a look at the failing patches and help fix any failing unit
tests for your project(s). Python 3.7 unit tests will be self-testing in
zuul.
If you're interested in helping submit patches, please let me know.

Failing patches:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:python3-train+status:open+(+label:Verified-1+OR+label:Verified-2+)

== Reference Material ==

[1] Goal description: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/657908