[kolla][tripleo] Podman/buildah

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 14:48:02 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 8:47 AM Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> wrote:

> Thanks for following up. It wouldn't be a trivial change to add
> buildah support in kolla, but it would have saved reimplementing the
> task parallelisation in Tripleo and would benefit others too. Never
> mind.

To be fair, at the time I wrote the code in python-tripleoclient the
container tooling wasn't really stable and we weren't sure about the
directions we would take yet; which is the main reason which drove us to
not invest too much time into refactoring Kolla to support a tool that we
weren't sure we would end up using in production for the container image
building.

It has been a few months now and so far it works ok for our needs; so if
there is interest in supporting Buildah in Kolla then we might want to do
the refactor and of course TripleO would use this new feature.
--
Emilien Macchi