[kolla][tripleo] Podman/buildah

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 12:28:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 5:21 AM Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> wrote:
[...]

> I understand that Tripleo uses buildah to build images already (please
> correct me if I'm wrong). How is this achieved with kolla? Perhaps
> using 'kolla-build --template-only' to generate Dockerfiles then
> invoking buildah separately? Are you planning to work on adding
> buildah support to kolla itself?

That's what we did indeed, we use Kolla to generate Dockerfiles, then call
Buildah from tripleoclient to build containers.
We have not planned (yet) to port that workflow to Kolla, which would
involve some refacto in the build code (last time I checked).

I wrote a blog post about it a while ago:
https://my1.fr/blog/openstack-containerization-with-podman-part-5-image-build/
--
Emilien Macchi