[kolla] Priorities for the Train cycle

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Wed Jun 5 09:11:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thanks to those who attended the recent kolla virtual PTG [1]. We had
some good technical discussions but did not get to a topic that I was
keen to cover - priorities for the Train cycle.

As a community of volunteers it can be difficult to guide the project
in a particular direction, but agreeing on some priorities can help us
to focus our efforts - both with reviews and development. I have seen
this work well in the ironic team.

Based on our recent discussions and knowledge of community goals, I
compiled a list of candidate work items [2]. If you are involved with
the kolla community (operator, developer, core, etc.), please vote on
these priorities to indicate what you think we should focus on in the
Train cycle. I will leave this open for a week, then order the items.
At this point we can try to assign an owner to each.

Thanks, Mark

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kolla-train-ptg
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kolla-train-priorities