[keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 27 May 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Sat Jun 1 00:17:56 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 27 May 2019

## News

### Admin Endpoint in Keystonemiddleware

Currently, keystonemiddleware is hardcoded to use the admin endpoint to communicate with keystone. With the removal of the v2 API, having an admin endpoint shouldn't be necessary, so Jens is working on making this configurable[1]. There has been a fair amount of debate over how to do this transition and what the new default should be. Please respond on the patch with your thoughts.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/651790

### Unit Test Refactor

Lance is working on refactoring the protection unit tests to avoid calling setUp() repetitively. There was discussion about the best way to do this[2], given that we make a lot of use of instance methods in the unit tests, especially with regard to fixtures.

[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2019-05-30.log.html#t2019-05-30T14:19:25

### M-1 Team Check-in

As discussed at the PTG, we'l lbe holding milestone-ly check-ins and retrospectives to try to keep up momentum throughout the cycle. The first one is scheduled for June 11, 15:00-17:00 UTC[3].

[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-May/006783.html

## Open Specs

Train specs: https://bit.ly/2uZ2tRl

Ongoing specs: https://bit.ly/2OyDLTh

Spec proposals for Train are due next week! If you are planning a feature for Train, please propose the spec ASAP or it will not be accepted for Train.

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 7 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 38 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. This includes important changes like Train specs, the removal of PKI support from keystonemiddleware[4], an update to our vision reflection[5], and a change to make keystoneauth's error handling conform to the API-SIG's guidelines[6].

[4] https://review.opendev.org/613675
[5] https://review.opendev.org/662106
[6] https://review.opendev.org/662281

## Bugs

This week we opened 1 new bugs and closed 5.

Bugs opened (1)
Bug #1831100 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Kris Watson https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1831100

Bugs closed (1)
Bug #1807697 (keystone:Wishlist) https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1807697

Bugs fixed (4)
Bug #1815771 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Jose Castro Leon https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1815771
Bug #1804700 (keystone:Low) fixed by Gage Hugo https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1804700
Bug #1801101 (keystoneauth:Undecided) fixed by Chinmay Naik https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystoneauth/+bug/1801101
Bug #1827008 (keystoneauth:Undecided) fixed by jacky06 https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystoneauth/+bug/1827008

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.html

Next week is spec proposal freeze. Please ensure that the specs you are planning are proposed ASAP. Reviews of proposed specs are also welcome.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter