​[release] (a bit belated) Release countdown for week R-11, July 29 - August 2

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:21:03 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone!

Development Focus
-----------------
We are now past the Train-2 milestone, and entering the last development
phase of the cycle. Teams should be focused on implementing planned work
for the cycle. Now is  a good time to review those plans and reprioritize
anything if needed based on the what progress has been made and what looks
realistic to complete in the next few weeks.

General Information
-------------------
The following cycle-with-intermediary deliverables have not done any
intermediary release yet during this cycle. The cycle-with-rc release model
is more suited for deliverables that plan to be released only once per
cycle. As a result, we will be proposing to change the release model for
the following deliverables:

blazar-dashboard

cloudkitty-dashboard
ec2-api
freezer-web-ui
freezer
heat-agents
heat-dashboard
ironic-ui
karbor-dashboard
karbor
kuryr-kubernetes
magnum-ui
manila-ui
masakari-dashboard
monasca-agent
monasca-api
monasca-ceilometer
monasca-events-api
monasca-kibana-plugin
monasca-log-api
monasca-notification
monasca-persister
monasca-thresh
monasca-transform
monasca-ui
murano-agent
networking-baremetal
networking-generic-switch
networking-hyperv
neutron-fwaas-dashboard
neutron-vpnaas-dashboard
requirements
sahara-extra
senlin-dashboard
solum-dashboard
tacker-horizon
tricircle
vitrage-dashboard
vitrage
watcher-dashboard

PTLs and release liaisons for each of those deliverables can either +1 the
release model change when we get them pushed, or propose an intermediary
release for that deliverable. In absence of answer by the start of R-10
week we'll consider that the switch to cycle-with-rc is preferable.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates
Non-client library freeze: September 05 (R-6 week)
Client library freeze: September 12 (R-5 week)
Train-3 milestone: September 12 (R-5 week)

-Kendall (diablo_rojo) + the Release Management Team