[loci][openstack-helm][tc] Proposal to fold Loci into OpenStack-Helm

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Tue Jul 30 23:51:40 UTC 2019

In the interest of consolidating workload, I'm proposing that we roll the
Loci project under the governance of OpenStack Helm. Loci is a fairly
low-bandwidth project, with the primary consumer of it being OpenStack
Helm. By rolling Loci into OSH, we will be able focus shared efforts and
increase review velocity for the Loci project.

The architecture of OpenStack Helm allows it to be container build-system
agnostic, and similarly the architecture of Loci allows it to be
deployment tooling agnostic. Neither of these goals will change, as there
are users of both projects that aren't using the other.  However, as they
are the largest consumers for each other's work, this is a natural
pairing and both project stand to benefit from a tighter governance
coupling. We already share a good proportion of the development team and
frequently plan PTG sessions to allow for collaboration.

If the community agrees with this approach, we would like to finalize the
governance change before the next development cycle to allow for a
graceful transition.

Thanks,
Chris Hoge
Loci PTL