[nova][sfe] Train Spec Freeze Exception Process

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Fri Jul 26 18:33:55 UTC 2019

Hello Nova. Spec freeze happened, which means we won't be approving any
more specs for Train.

Unless we do.

>From this point on, you will be required to run the following gauntlet
if you want your spec to land in Train.

- Put your name and a link to your spec on the agenda for the next Nova
meeting [1][2].
- Send a note to openstack-discuss tagged with [nova][sfe] (like this
one is) including the spec for which you are requesting an exception,
and noting the date of the meeting.
- Attend that meeting and state your case. Assuming a quorum of cores is
present, we will attempt to render a decision, or at least indicate what
further actions are necessary.

Thanks,
efried

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Nova#Agenda_for_next_meeting
[2] If you can't attend a meeting, or "next Thursday" is just too long
to wait, say so in your email and we'll endeavor to discuss it entirely
on the mailing list.