[openstack-ansible] weekly update

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:01:46 UTC 2019

Hi Mohammed,

regarding CentOS CI slowness - you are not alone, kola is experiencing it
too.
Some time ago I asked around and discovered that various projects
experience noticeable CI slowness using CentOS compared to Ubuntu.

The hit is more noticeable on image building than deploying and I guess
since OSA does "building/installing" while deploying, it experiences our
worse hit.
We deploy in containers so I even checked the host:Ubuntu, container:CentOS
scenario but it was noticeably slower anyway.
Hence it seems related to some CentOS libraries or common stuff (like
Python maybe?), not kernel.

We even ran into broken CI situation by being hit by horizon changing
translation-related internals and our once hacky way of compiling
translations which resulted in n^2 compilations instead of n - Ubuntu was a
bit slower than usual but CentOS timed out, possibly not even halfway
through horizon image building process...

Kind regards,
Radek