[kolla][nova][cinder] Got Gateway-Timeout error on VM evacuation if it has volume attached.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 14:59:49 UTC 2019

Roger that, thanks for explanation.

I think there's another reason to me that get this issue.
The environment is stayed without any internet nor local NTP server, until
the last test.
Before the test, the nova and cinder services became unstable because they
keeping up and down. And I found that the clock are out of sync between
nodes.
We let one of the node can connect outside and let NTP client pointed to
that one on other nodes. Then problem solved.
Of course the test is successful.

I'm not sure but that's a one of reason right?

But I think I still need to try optimize the timeout value since the API
response is slow when shutting down a node.
Wonder know why it become slow when a node down.

I'll try to gain up rpc_response_timeout in Cinder and do more testing.

Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> 於 2019年7月26日 週五 下午9:42寫道: