[placement] update 19-27

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Jul 25 22:00:12 UTC 2019

On 7/12/2019 4:00 AM, Chris Dent wrote:

> As mentioned last week, one of the important cleanup tasks that is not
> yet in progress is updating the
> [gabbit](https://opendev.org/openstack/placement/src/branch/master/gate/gabbits/nested-perfload.yaml)
>
> that creates the nested topology that's used in nested performance
> testing. The topology there is simple, unrealistic, and doesn't
> sufficiently exercise the several features that may be used during a
> query that desires a nested response. This needs to be someone who
> is more closely related to real world use of nested than me. efried?
> gibi?

With regards to the topology for nested performance testing, I think a
more-complicated but reasonably typical nested topology would be a
compute node with something like 2/4 numa nodes, with a mix of memory
page sizes (4K/2MB/1GB),  with HyperThreading, and with a few NUMA-aware
PCI devices (SRIOV, FPGA, vGPU, etc.).

Chris