[ops][glance][nova] scheduling problem because of ImagePropertiesFilter

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 13:44:09 UTC 2019

On 7/23/2019 8:12 AM, Massimo Sgaravatto wrote:
> I was wrong: the alias work !
> I.e.:
>
> img_hv_type=xyz
>
> is equivalent to:
>
> hypervisor_type=xyz
>
> The problem is when xyz is 'qemu'. This used to work with Ocata and now
> (Rocky) is not working anymore in "my" cloud. It works instead if I use kvm.
>
> This is weird since in
>
> https://docs.openstack.org/nova/rocky/admin/configuration/schedulers.html
>
> it is reported that:
>
> <verbatim>
> qemu is used for both QEMU and KVM hypervisor types
> </verbatim>
>
> Thanks, Massimo

Hmm just to be clear, you used to use hypervisor_type=QEMU and that no
longer works, and the problem isn't hypervisor_type vs img_hv_type (the
key), but the value QEMU vs qemu. Which isn't working in Rocky? QEMU or
qemu?

What is the hypervisor_type on your nodes when listing them out of the
API? (openstack hypervisor list --long should give you that output). Do
you have a mix of QEMU vs qemu on some nodes? This sort of sounds like
bug 1818092.

Matt