[openstack-ansible][tripleo] creating collaborative acl

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Jul 18 14:36:15 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 8:31 AM Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 18/07/2019 16.09, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> >  I briefly brought this up in the TripleO Ansible meeting however
> > there seems to be more work happening together on OpenStack Ansible
> > roles from the TripleO side (alongside cross-project gating, which is
> > awesome!)
> >
> > Having said that, it seems like we're building more of an upstream
> > relationship to TripleO but I think there is a lot of benefit of
> > making it more of a collaboration between the teams.  Therefore, I'd
> > like to propose that we create a Gerrit group called
> > "openstack-ansible-collab".
> >
> > This ACL will be seeded with tripleo-ansible-core and
> > openstack-ansible-core and it will ideally be placed on two initial
> > repositories:
> >
> > - openstack/ansible-config_template
> > - openstack/ansible-role-python_venv_build
> > - openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
>
> Why not add triploe-core as group to the existing ACLs?

The goal isn't necessarily to add tripleo-core, but rather
tripleo-ansible-core. It just so happens that tripleo-ansible-core contains
tripleo-core at the moment. We might want to add folks to tripleo-ansible
but not tripleo-core.  I think tripleo-ansible-core is the correct group in
this case. We'll probably want to evaluate how we're doing this now that
it'll be reused.