[openstack-ansible][tripleo] creating collaborative acl

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Thu Jul 18 14:09:44 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

 I briefly brought this up in the TripleO Ansible meeting however
there seems to be more work happening together on OpenStack Ansible
roles from the TripleO side (alongside cross-project gating, which is
awesome!)

Having said that, it seems like we're building more of an upstream
relationship to TripleO but I think there is a lot of benefit of
making it more of a collaboration between the teams.  Therefore, I'd
like to propose that we create a Gerrit group called
"openstack-ansible-collab".

This ACL will be seeded with tripleo-ansible-core and
openstack-ansible-core and it will ideally be placed on two initial
repositories:

- openstack/ansible-config_template
- openstack/ansible-role-python_venv_build
- openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest

Those are repositories that are actively being used by TripleO and
they are even getting CI tested from TripleO.  They make the most
sense to start with.  TripleO has been around for a while and they
have a solid core team that I (personally) feel okay with having core
to those repos for now (and more as we work on them together).

In terms of governance, these projects will remain under
OpenStack-Ansible governance.  Please let me know what you think of
this proposal?

Thanks,
Mohammed