[kolla][nova][cinder] Got Gateway-Timeout error on VM evacuation if it has volume attached.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:53:27 UTC 2019

Hi everyone, I met an issue when try to evacuate host.
The platform is stable/rocky and using kolla-ansible to deploy.
And all storage backends are connected to Ceph.

Before I try to evacuate host, the source host had about 24 VMs running.
When I shutdown the node and execute evacuation, there're few VMs failed.
The error code is 504.
Strange is those VMs are all attach its own volume.

Then I check nova-compute log, a detailed error has pasted at below link;
https://pastebin.com/uaE7YrP1

Does anyone have any experience with this? I googled but no enough
information about this.

Thanks!