[docs][tc][infra][uc][sdk] what to do with developer.openstack.org and api-site?
aj at suse.com
Tue Jul 16 17:42:30 UTC 2019
Let me add some more tags and cross-post to user-committee and reword.
The api-site repo is orphaned, it is used to publish the content of
developer.openstack.org. I propose now the following actions:
* Move OpenStack API-Guide to openstack-manuals repo and publish to
docs.o.o (currently published at
* Add a redirect for this on developer.o.o
* Kill the "Writing Your First OpenStack Application" document,
since it's completely dead and outdated (last non-trivial change
was 22nd February 2017).
This is currently published to
* Publish all api-guide and api-ref documents to docs.openstack.org, add
redirects for them on developer.openstack.org
* List SDKs and CLIs on the software page on www.openstack.org (Thierry
plans to do this)
* Remove landing page from developer.o.o, add redirects.
* After some time, retire developer.o.o and api-site repo completely.
I've started pushing changes with topic retire-api-site,
Will WIP until Monday, 22nd of July.
If any team wants to adopt api-site completely, or parts of it, please
speak up, happy to help a hand-over - or wait a bit longer if further
discussion is needed,
Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg
GF: Nils Brauckmann, Felix Imendörffer, Enrica Angelone,
HRB 247165 (AG Nürnberg)
GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126
More information about the openstack-discuss