[docs][tc][infra] what to do with developer.openstack.org and api-site?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Jul 16 14:46:42 UTC 2019

On 7/16/19 4:39 PM, Sean Mooney wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 16:17 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> From the feedback so far, let me refine the proposal:
>> * Move OpenStack API-Guide to openstack-manuals repo and publish to docs.o.o
>> * Kill "Writing Your First OpenStack Application" document
>> * Publish all in-tree api-references and api-guides on
>> docs.openstack.org instead of developer.o.o
>> * List SDKs and CLIs on the software page
>> * Add redirects on developer.openstack.org for moved documents
> it looks like my reply earlirer got droped when i rebotted my laptop.
> just wanted to say i use the config referecnce
> https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/configuration/config.html
>  and the api doc https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/
> almost daily espcially when helping people on irc.

Yes, the steps above will ensure that we publish to
https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/
and set up a redirect to the new location.

So, your bookmarks will continue to work - and going forward, I
recommend updating them ;)

> as long as we continue to have a rendered copy of them hosted that is fine
> and idealy with redirect as you are suggesting. unlike some of the other
> docs the api-ref is much harder to consume in plain text form the git repo
> or via github https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/api-ref/source/servers.inc
> or opendev https://opendev.org/openstack/nova/src/branch/master/api-ref/source/servers.inc
> although if it wasnt fro the lag the opendev version is much better then the way
> github tries to render it as markdown.
>
> it sound like the plan will contiue to preseve a hosted copy of the api refes so
> i guess that is my main request.

Correct,
Andreas

--
 Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah