[tripleo][cinder][netapp]

Alan Bishop abishop at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 13:56:05 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 4:11 AM Tomáš Bredár <tomas.bredar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alan!
> Thanks for the pointers. For now I'm going with a single backend with two
> NFS shares, so I'll use the tripleo templates for netapp.
> For the future, could you point me to the right template / puppet-cinder
> code which can create multiple nfs share files for me? Or should I create
> my own puppet manifest?

Hi Tomas,

The puppet-cinder code that renders the shares config file is [1], and the
data comes from puppet-tripleo [2]. This is puppet hiera data, and the
value is bound to the CindeNetappNfsShares tripleo parameter [3].

So you should be able to deploy a single backend that accesses multiple
shares by adding something like this to your tripleo deployment.

parameter_defaults:
  CinderNetappNfsShares: 'host_1:/path/to/share_1,host_2:/path/to/share_2'

[1]
https://opendev.org/openstack/puppet-cinder/src/branch/stable/queens/manifests/backend/netapp.pp#L280
[2]
https://opendev.org/openstack/puppet-tripleo/src/branch/stable/queens/manifests/profile/base/cinder/volume/netapp.pp#L38