[dev][release][qa] patrole stable/stein is created by mistake ?

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Sat Jul 13 20:38:28 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 09:19:35PM +0900, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>  ---- On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 21:16:32 +0900 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
>  > Hi Release team,
>  >
>  > Today I noticed while doing patrole review that stable/stain has been created for patrole which is wrong.
>  > Patrole is branchless[1] and I remember I have not requested the stable branch while releasing the patrole.
>  >
>  > Is it created by mistakenly ? or intentional?
>
> I found the patch which created this - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/650173/1.
>
> Can we revert that but that patch has more changes?
>
> -gmann

We can't really just revert it. If you would like to change this, please update
the patrole release type to tempest-plugin or move it to be an independent
release deliverable if it is not actually cycle based.

You can also remove the branching information with that change, then after that
is gone and there isn't a risk of recreating it, the infra team may be able to
assist in deleting the existing branch.

Sean