[keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 8 July 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Sat Jul 13 00:24:32 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 8 July 2019

## News

### Midcycle Planning

We've set dates for the week of Milestone 2 for our virtual midcycle[1]. Topic suggestion is still open[2] and I will try to propose a draft agenda early next week. You can help by adding votes to topics you think are especially wortwhile in the etherpad.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-July/007593.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-train-midcycle-topics

### PTG Planning

It's also already time to start thinking about the PTG[3]. If you have an inkling of whether you will be able to attend the PTG in Shanghai in November and would participate in the keystone room, please add your name to the planning etherpad[4].

[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-July/007639.html
[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-shanghai-ptg

### Handling Defunct APIs

While cleaning up deprecated config options related to PKI tokens[5], we found that these config options affect the OS-SIMPLE-CERT API and discussed[6][7] how best to handle the changing API without needing a version change. If you have thoughts on this matter, let us know in the review.

[5] https://review.opendev.org/659434
[6] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/keystone/2019/keystone.2019-07-09-16.00.log.html#l-99
[7] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-sdks/%23openstack-sdks.2019-07-11.log.html#t2019-07-11T16:18:01

### External Auth

Prior to federated authentication, we supported external authentication using the REMOTE_USER HTTPD variable. Now that we have federated authentication available to us, we discussed whether it's time to discourage the use of regular external authentication[8]. If you are using external authentication or have an opinion about it, please join in the discussion with us[9].

[8] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2019-07-09.log.html#t2019-07-09T23:42:19
[9] https://review.opendev.org/669959

## Open Specs

Train specs: https://bit.ly/2uZ2tRl

Ongoing specs: https://bit.ly/2OyDLTh

Since we do not have anyone who can commit to the implementation of the "Expose root domain as assignment target" spec[10] for Train, the latest patchset proposes it to the backlog rather than to the Train cycle.

[10] https://review.opendev.org/661837

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 10 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 46 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

This week we opened 1 new bugs and closed 1.

Bugs opened (1)
Bug #1836390 (oslo.policy:Undecided) opened by Vadym Markov https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.policy/+bug/1836390

Bugs fixed (1)
Bug #1811771 (keystone:Low) fixed by Vishakha Agarwal https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1811771

Although we did not open many new bugs this week, the backlog of unconfirmed and untriaged bugs has been slowly growing[11], please help by reproducing and triaging new bugs.

[11] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.html

Milestone 2 is in two weeks, which means spec freeze is coming up followed closely by feature proposal freeze.

## Shout-outs

Big thanks to Guang Yee for taking on an overhaul of the tokenless authentication documentation[12] which has been in severe need of an update and cleanup.

[12] https://review.opendev.org/669790

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter