[nova][ec2] Removal of unused utility methods from 'nova.api.ec2'

Stephen Finucane sfinucan at redhat.com
Fri Jul 12 09:12:37 UTC 2019

I have a couple of patches up to remove what looks like a large chunk
of unused ec2 API code from nova. The patches start at [1] and notes
are provided in earlier revisions of those reviews ([2], [3], [4])
about why I'm able to remove some things and not others. I have a DNM
patch proposed against the ec2-api [5] to ensure that things really
don't break there but in case someone is maintaining something outside
of opendev.org (I'd have found it on codesearch.openstack.org) that
really needs these, you need to speak up on the review asap. If not,
we'll get going with this.

Stephen

PS: To be clear, ec2-api *will still work*. None of the things we're
removing are used by that project or we wouldn't be removing them :)

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662501/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662501/1/nova/api/ec2/ec2utils.py
[3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662502/1/nova/objects/ec2.py
[4] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662503/1/nova/api/ec2/cloud.py