[doc8] future development and maintenance

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 11:01:25 UTC 2019

It seems that the doc8 project is lacking some love, regardless the fact that is used by >90 projects from opendev.org.

https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:x/doc8

Last merge and release was more than 2 years ago and no reviews were performed either.

I think it would be in our interest to assure that doc8 maintenance continues and that we can keep it usable.

I would like to propose extenting the list of cores from the current 4 ones that I already listed in CC with 3 more, so we can effectively make a change that gets merged and later released (anyone willing to help?)

If current cores agree, I would be happy to help with maintenance. I estimate that the effort needed would likely be less than 1h/month in longer term. If there is a desire to move it to github/travis, I would not mind either.

Thanks
Sorin Sbarnea
Red Hat TripleO CI