[auto-scaling] Auto-scaling SIG update

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 09:18:37 UTC 2019

It has been two months after Summit and PTG [3], and we now have collected
some use cases [1], and general documents for auto-scaling [2] (Great
thanks to Joseph Davis and Adam Spiers).

*Use Cases needed*
We need more use cases from all, for autoscaling on/with OpenStack. For
example, autoscaling k8s on OpenStack is already a thing, so IMO we need to
put some words in use cases too.

*Help to improve documents*
Please check our new document and help to improve it if you think of any.

*Join us*
We have IRC channel and meeting so please join us in irc:
#openstack-auto-scaling so we can hear you and you can help us.

*Add request to our StoryBoard*
If you have any feature requests or WIP plan, you can use our storyboard[4]
as root trace for them all like request for `Integrate Monasca and Senlin`.

*Open for bug?*
One question I would like to bring to the team is should we open our
storyboard[4] for bug collection? We have some good hands from multiple
teams, who can help with bugs. And like feature requests, a top-level story
for a bug should be very helpful, but what we need from the reporter in
order to get better information about that bug, and also what part should
we help?
IMO we can make sure bug are well documented, trace bug progress (from
top-level view), and help to raise attention(in ML and in events). Would
like to hear more opinions on this.

*PTG*
I already sign up for half-day PTG schedule(as the team still under
developing, I would not expect that we need more for now), so  I see you
all there if you will be there too!

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/auto-scaling-sig/latest/use-cases.html
[2]
https://docs.openstack.org/auto-scaling-sig/latest/theory-of-auto-scaling.html