[manila][glusterfs] on queens error

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:55:55 UTC 2019

Hi Ignazio,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 7:31 AM Ignazio Cassano
<ignaziocassano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I installed manila on my queens openstack based on centos 7.
> I configured two servers with glusterfs replocation and ganesha nfs.
> I configured my controllers octavia,conf but when I try to create a share
> the manila scheduler logs reports:
>
> Failed to schedule create_share: No valid host was found. Failed to find a weighted host, the last executed filter was CapabilitiesFilter.: NoValidHost: No valid host was found. Failed to find a weighted host, the last executed filter was CapabilitiesFilter.
> 2019-01-31 16:07:32.614 159380 INFO manila.message.api [req-241d66b3-8004-410b-b000-c6d2d3536e4a 89f76bc5de5545f381da2c10c7df7f15 59f1f232ce28409593d66d8f6495e434 - - -] Creating message record for request_id = req-241d66b3-8004-410b-b000-c6d2d3536e4a

The scheduler failure points out that you have a mismatch in
expectations (backend capabilities vs share type extra-specs) and
there was no host to schedule your share to. So a few things to check
here:

- What is the share type you're using? Can you list the share type
extra-specs and confirm that the backend (your GlusterFS storage)
capabilities are appropriate with whatever you've set up as
extra-specs ($ manila pool-list --detail)?
- Is your backend operating correctly? You can list the manila
services ($ manila service-list) and see if the backend is both
'enabled' and 'up'. If it isn't, there's a good chance there was a
problem with the driver initialization, please enable debug logging,
and look at the log file for the manila-share service, you might see
why and be able to fix it.

Please be aware that we're on a look out for a maintainer for the
GlusterFS driver for the past few releases. We're open to bug fixes
and maintenance patches, but there is currently no active maintainer
for this driver.