[release] Release countdown for week R-9, February 4-8

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Jan 31 16:59:12 UTC 2019

Welcome back to the countdown emails. Some important deadlines are starting to
come up quick, so please take a look at what might affect you.

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be focused on implementing planned work for the cycle. It is also
a good time to review those plans and reprioritize anything if needed based on
the what progress has been made and what looks realistic to complete in the
next few weeks.

General Information
-------------------

We have a few deadlines coming up as we get closer to the end of the cycle:

    * Non-client libraries (generally, any library that is not
      python-${PROJECT}client) must have a final release by February 28. Only
      critical bugfixes will be allowed past this point. Please make sure any
      important feature works has required library changes by this time.

    * Client libraries must have a final release by March 7.

Quick reminder for teams with cycle-with-intermediary deliverables that are not
libraries - we had mentioned earlier in the cycle that you may want to consider
moving to the new cycle-with-rc model if you are not actually doing
intermediary releases:

    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000465.html

Next week we will be looking at what cycle-with-intermediary deliverables have
not done a release yet in Stein. We can still give a little time if teams want
to quick get one in before Stein-3, but we will look at switching over those
deliverables to cycle-with-rc if that appears to be a more appropriate release
model for the way they are being released.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Non-client library freeze: February 28
Stein-3 milestone: March 7

--